[meteorite-list] Petty, Hypocritical & Cowardly Attack on Me and MHC Magazine (was: Bigfoot and the "Nakhla Dog" - what do they have in common?)

From: Eric Wichman <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 09:41:19 -0700

(sorry list for the harshness of this email, but this has been a long
time coming)

Hi Al, Thank you for pointing out I'm a newbie in this arena.
Technically, I'm not a newbie anymore, at least I thought I wasn't since
I've been doing this 24/7/365 for 4 years and have spent more than
15,000 hours researching and studying meteorites and astronomy, have
more than 100,000 visitors to my websites per year and over 1250 online
subscribers to my Meteorite Hunting & Collecting Magazine. But I am
curious though. How long does one have to be in the meteorite world
before they're no longer considered a newcomer (noob) by you. Is there a
standard? 5 years? 10? 20? Seems rather shallow and small of you to
point that out.

You are accusing me of being arrogant? That's funny.

Aren't you being rather arrogant yourself by implying you've been here
longer and know better than me the ways and working of this niche we
call the meteorite world? That is pretty conceited if you ask me. But
what the heck do I know? I'm an inexperienced noob.

As for your obvious and extremely petty dig on me and my magazine, I'm
very tempted to write a long string of profane and quite insulting words
to you, but I think your own careless knee-jerk post does a much better
job of showing your colors than anything I could write.

Truthfully, how many people have or haven't (more have than have not)
received the magazine is none of your concern, and completely irrelevant
to this topic. But since you you felt the need to drag me and my
magazine into a completely unrelated topic just to suit your personal
and petty satisfaction to embarrass me somehow (which it doesn't by the
way) I will say this ONE last time.

Everyone will get every magazine they paid for. I promise that. I've
always promised that and I've been keeping everyone updated on the
progress of the magazine. If you personally are too self centered and
lazy to go to my website and read what I've posted very publicly to
everyone, then that's your problem, not mine. It has nothing to do with
anyone else and goes to your own issue. You know nothing about what's
going on, you're not a subscriber, you never have been, and you've made
it clear you've been against my magazine from the start. You've never
supported me in anything (not that you should), and obviously have
always had some bone of personal contention with me for years Al. If you
deny that you're not being truthful (I have past emails which prove your
contempt for me), if you admit it, you simply prove your personal issue
with me because much of your previous correspondence to me has had this
same arrogant overtone.

For you to bring my magazine into this unrelated topic shows EVERYONE
reading this right now the kind of person you are Al, and that you care
nothing of the magazine really, nor of my subscribers, but only are
using it to embarrass me in some way. Basically a sucker punch when I
wasn't looking or expecting it. Only cowards take sucker punches.

Aren't you also being a hypocrite by complaining about Mike's post being
off topic, then slamming me publicly with something completely
irrelevant to the topic at hand simply to save face and take a cheap
shot to gain some kind of personal satisfaction at my perceived
embarrassment in your eyes, not realizing of course you're only making a
fool out of yourself, and everyone here knows it.

I would advise that you, starting right now, NOT respond to this
publicly with any other false statements. Choose your next response very
carefully, or do not respond at all, because I will use every word
against you.

Whatever Al...

Regards,
Eric

P.S. Since you neglected to change the subject line of the thread, and
deleted the thread posts before this one in a disingenuous way to focus
the attention on me and my magazine, I've been considerate enough to
repost the full thread [below] which you've attacked me in to show that
your cheap and obviously personal and contemptuous attack was completely
and utterly irrelevant to the topic that you were complaining about earlier.