[meteorite-list] Bigfoot and the "Nakhla Dog" - what do they havein common?

From: al mitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 09:05:35 -0400

Eric,

Since your a new comer to the meteorite business and this list, I'll explain
this to you one time. First, the list has always been self policing. In the
old days I believe it was a bit more so. When we had people like you did,
scold scollars who's input on the list was well respected, list members
wouldn't mince words with them.

I've noticed that you like to challenge people when ever they don't post
something to your liking but yet you have the arrogance to challenge me for
the same. It boils down to two things. First respect for the people who
might have different views than Mike's and second, keeping the posts more on
topic as the list rules state. I personally like to see people of all walks
of life be on this list.

I respect Mike for the most part but any political or religious comments
don't belong on a list that is _suppose_ to be about meteorites. While I
agree with a number of things Mike said, posting such comments just fuel the
fire for others who have different beliefs and can start and off topic fight
like this one.

If Mike is allowed to post off topic on a senstive area then there is no
reason that I can't call him on it as I felt it was out of place here. While
you and Mike are being insenstive about others believes (and again this is
all off topic) and don' t see harm, I have received a number of emails
thanking me for my post.

poliltely shut up. I'd like to start and off topic post to see how many
people are still waiting on you to send them their printed magazine they
paid for.

--AL Mitterling