[meteorite-list] RFSPOD - Sep 18, 2010 - THe Elbogen Iron

From: Mike Bandli <fuzzfoot_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 13:01:50 -0700

Dear Bernd,

Thanks for the extract. I wonder why most catalogues, Grady, MetBull, etc.
still list it as a fall. Perhaps it was the story of it being chained down
to prevent it from flying away the way it came. There also seems to be
discrepancies in "The History of Meteoritics and Key Meteorite Collections,"
where it is listed as both by different authors. One would think that by now
the official status of such a historic piece would be sorted out. I'll have
to read the old reports and see where the fall status stems from.
Interesting!

Mike Bandli
Historic Meteorites
www.HistoricMeteorites.com