[meteorite-list] Attention Steve Arnold: Divining Iron Meteorites

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 13:39:58 -0600

That would be a horrible experiment. It is already established that dowsing
works because the operator of the rods knows where the object of his search
is. Using dowsing rods to "confirm" a find would be useless, prove nothing,
and be misleading to the large number of people who are largely clueless
about how science works.

A better test would be to take somebody who knows nothing about meteorites,
but claims to be a dowser, and set them loose on a search area. After this
person searches, let a qualified hunter conduct a search. Compare results. I
think we can all pretty much guess what those results will be.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com