[meteorite-list] Finally found some larger clear plastic display boxes!

From: martin goff <msgmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 20:35:43 +0100

Hi all,

I have managed to acquire some larger size clear plastic display
boxes, I have been looking for something like these for ages and they
are exactly what i was after. Following my last post on the subject i
had numerous emails from people looking for the same sort of box so
for all those interested here are the details. I have found 2
different sizes, large size being 23.5cm by 15.5cm by 2.5cm deep and
medium size being 13cm by 10cm by 2.2cm deep. I used black felt bonded
onto grey foam cut to fit and also sandwiched some dessicant beads in
there too. See the following photos of the medium size boxes:

(http://s1130.photobucket.com/albums/m531/msg-meteorites/Medium%20clear%20plastic%20display%20boxes/)

The large size boxes are apparently available in 'Michaels' stores in
the USA (Thanks Ben!) and the medium ones i found on ebay (see link
below)

(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Clear-Bead-Display-Storage-Case-Box-30mmx17mm-/190455683195?pt=UK_Jewellery_Watches_JewelleryBoxes_Supplies_CA&hash=item2c580b187b)

Both boxes come packed with small screw jars that could also come in
usefull. I got the grey foam with black felt bonded on from Mike
Gallant (http://www.migacorp.com/miga_store.htm)

Hope people find this usefull.

Cheers

Martin