[meteorite-list] WI Meteorite Name?

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 10:04:50 -0700

Hi Jeff and all,
        My understanding is that the naming of all meteorites is at
the sole discretion of the Nomenclature committee of the
Meteoritical Society. The original finder is irrelevant. I believe
anyone is free to suggest a name, but my experience is that such
suggestions carry little, if any, weight.
        However, the list is fortunate in having a former member
Of the Nomenclature Committee, Jeff Grossman as a member
Of the list. He would most certainly know better than any of
Us the specifics involved in naming a new fall.
        Michael