[meteorite-list] Saw Blades

From: al mitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 00:51:39 -0400

Hi Dave and all,

That is my question too ( do Dia-Laser or Pro Slicer blades work well on
irons?). When the CBN blades first came out they were much better. I use to
cut multipal slices of irons. Something happened to the way they were making
them and your lucky to get through your first slice on the CBN blades now.
My cutting process hasn't changed. I've cut for a short period before
(minute or so) and checked the CBN blade only to find part of the blade
still has cutting material along the edge while other portions of the blade
are completely smooth. So in my experience the CBN blades are no good.

So what do people use for cutting iron slices?

--AL Mitterling