[meteorite-list] Saw Blades

From: Andreas Gren <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 08:14:11 +0200

Hi Al,Dave,List,

my experience are exactly the same , first the CBN blades worked well on
irons, later,(since 3 years?)they don't work anymore because the CBN grit is
not fixed well anymore.

Greetings
Andi

Hi Dave and all,

That is my question too ( do Dia-Laser or Pro Slicer blades work well on
irons?). When the CBN blades first came out they were much better. I use to
cut multipal slices of irons. Something happened to the way they were making
them and your lucky to get through your first slice on the CBN blades now.
My cutting process hasn't changed. I've cut for a short period before
(minute or so) and checked the CBN blade only to find part of the blade
still has cutting material along the edge while other portions of the blade
are completely smooth. So in my experience the CBN blades are no good.

So what do people use for cutting iron slices?

--AL Mitterling

Dear List:

Do either the Dia-Laser or Pro Slicer blades work well on irons? I have used
the CBN blade on irons and they wear out very fast - too fast to be useful.
I am hesitant about using diamond blades on irons.

Anybody have experience cutting irons?

Dave