[meteorite-list] Ash Creek the most expensive ordinary chondrite??

From: al mitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 20:40:12 -0500

Hi Melanie,

About a year back there was someone selling other meteorites as historic
ones. Don't know if they were NWA or not. I do know there were several
meteorites that had very questionable providence. When sources of the
material were asked if trades with this individual were made (where the
seller had claimed to traded from) they indicated they had NOT traded with
them or for any of the material in question.

There has also been another long time meteorite dealer who has questionable
dealings and has what I would say is questionable feedback in the MetBull.
Sad that some people, big collectors think this person is worthy of buying
from.

You can do a search in the Meteorite Central archives for this information
to get names.

--AL Mitterling