[meteorite-list] RICHLAND, Final

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 21:08:14 -0700

Mike, All (...),
I apologized to those who deserved it. After what you said, I don;t
believe you should get one. You seem to think that your account of
the dates was correct. I don't. Steve Schoner just posted to say
that your account is false as well.

-- And you did assume that John had withheld information from you out
of spite. I stupidly believed you when you stated that you had
actually tried to contact him to resolve the issue as opposed to
brooding on it for seven years. Sorry Mike, I don;t believe in
multiple dropped emails. It doesn't happen that often - and even if
it did, by whatever stroke of luck, actually happen, you still decided
to simply sit there in steeping malevolence for the better half of a
decade, instead of simply calling him (google his name, the number's
there).
I only stated the supposition that he was angry with you after
believing what you said about repeated contact, etc. If your
statement had been true, then yes, the statements that I made before
would have been justified. I apologized or the incorrectness of
these, based on the faulty information I was fed by you. When I say
that I try to contact a person, I don;t simply give up after a few
emails that aren't responded to, sorry. If that ever happens, I call,
write, go see them - anything to ensure that they actually get
whatever message they need to get (assuming that it's something as
important as this sort of issue, which ends in a clearly malevolent
misunderstanding on your part - lasting for seven years).

So yes, I'm sorry my statements regarding John's intentions were not
true. They were less vindictive than yours, which you already state
you apologized for. I apologized for mine regarding him as well.

However, unless you discount Steve Schoner's take on the story as
well, I see no way in which you can possibly defend your statements
from before. The time scale, as I stated before, was indeed measured
in months instead of years. Not only I, but Steve as well stated
this.

The only real problem that I see is that you believe unconditionally
that your account of what happened seven years ago is correct.
I hate to break it to you Mike, but even *you* can be wrong.

Jason

*And Mike, you can take my name out of the address list in your
messages - the only reason I'm still getting any mail from you is that
it's routed through the list.