[meteorite-list] Not Proud of Tom

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 22:53:25 -0800 (PST)

While I have to admit (Somewhat embarrasingly) that I
did read and had a laugh out of the past website and
that it was mildly amusing in an offensive sort of
way, I have to agree with anne. I didnt feel offended
but I could easily see that the site was offensive to
3 or 4 of the "target" people and crossed the line
between good natured humour among friends and was
derogatory rather than funny. With several of the
"target" people the humour was a mild form of the N
word jokes and not harmless poking fun - and there was
no apology from "proud tom" who didnt see any harm
when these target people publicly complained about
being offended.
The internet is open to the world including non
meteorite people who dont know personally the target
people. Not exactly the way you would want your
industry portrayed in public outside your own
industry.
I am with ann on this one. I say let Proud tom rest
(Or maybe I should say die) in peace.
Sincerely
DEAN