[meteorite-list] www.venusmeteorite.com - what are your opinions on this claim

From: lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:55:43 -0700 (MST)

Hi Randall and Others:

I did some checking. To quote Tim Swindle: Yes, there may be meteorites
from Venus, but we have not found them yet!

It is much more difficult to get something out of the gravity well of
Venus, through the Venus atmosphere, and out of the gravity well of the
Sun. It is much easier to get things off Mars and let Poynting Robertson
effect, etc. bring it in toward the Earth.

How would we recognize a Venus meteorite?

Argon dating.

Potassium decays to argon. At the temperture of the Venus surface, the
argon would almost immediately escape. So, would not "create" argon 40
that could be retained by a rock until it was out in space. Therefore, its
argon "age" would be about the same as its cosmic ray exposure age.

Larry