[meteorite-list] www.venusmeteorite.com - what are your opinions on this claim

From: Allan Treiman <treiman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:17:40 -0600

Another way to recognize a Venus surface rock would be from
its "weathering" in the Venus atmosphere. Because Venus'
surface is so hot, and its atmosphere is so rich in carbon dioxide
and sulfur oxides, the surface rocks should have lots of sulfates
and maybe carbonates in them. Water-free sulfates like anhydrite.

   Allan

Allan Treiman
Lunar and Planetary Institute
3600 Bay Area Boulevard