[meteorite-list] www.venusmeteorite.com - what are your opinions on this claim

From: Randall Gregory <randall_gregory_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:39:41 -0800 (PST)

  Ken,

  I will be happy to share with you some of the data that I've collected at the impact site including videos and pictures. All of the pictures, videos, and samples are stored at my apartment in Lima. I am currently in Arequipa and expect to travel to Lima within the next two weeks.

  I hope you understand that I can not provide you with the exact location of the crater until I have secured the mining concession rights to the area. When I legally have title to the area, I will make the location known and provide first access only to scientists that study impact sites, then to other interested parties. When the studies are concluded, I will start excavation of the crater.

  I can give you the approximate location.

  Coordinates: 15?59'18"S - 72?30'43"W for the general area of the crater.

  Coordinates: 16?00'01.71"S - 72?37'08.16"W seismic epicenter recorded by the National University of Peru (UNSA) intensity 3.8 Richter

    Coordinates: 16?20'59.77"S - 72?46'57.07"W seismic epicenter recorded by the Geophysical Institute of Peru (IGP) located in Arequipa, 200 kilometers from the seismic event recorded it at 4.0 Richter giving the approximate TNT for seismic energy yield of 1 kiloton (small atomic bomb).

  All seismic stations including a station in Chile recorded this event at the exact time the eyewitnesses reported the explosion and resulting dust cloud. What I find to be remarkable is the accuracy of the seismic data, all within 30 km.

  I've also enclosed a copy of a meeting that I had with seismologists from the Geophysical Institute of Peru. The orginal text was in Spanish which I have translated to English. Unfortunately, I have to blank out the exact coordinates. Many people have strongly cautioned me about giving out too much information. I hope you understand, realize, and appreciate how much work has been put into this discovery. This is just the tip of the iceburg.

    On a side note, you might recall an image of a face on Mars that was captured some years back. We now have a similar image on Earth. Go to Wikimapia and type "rostro de dios" in the search box, click on the name, read the caption, and pan out. People said it looked like the "Face of God" and the name stuck. This image is clearly visible from about 3000ft. to over an altitude of 110 miles. Coordinates are: 16"20'22.78S - 71"57?40.61W for Google Earth.

  Comments appreciated.

  Randall

  E-Mail dated:

    ENGLISH VERSION

  I wish to thank all that attended our meeting yesterday for your time and effort. Maybe we can help the scientific community in Peru and the United States to a better understanding of our universe. I am pleased that I could assist you in calibrating your seismic equipment.

  Before my wife and I left for Lima, we asked her father to submit a small article to the local newspaper to announce the discovery and to thank the UNSA for their support in this discovery. We never expected that the newspaper would sensationalize this story.

  During the last expedition, my team and I made two excursions to the impact area. My intention was to fully document the impact zone and to expand the search to see if other structures may exist that would contribute to the discovery. Since it is difficult to estimate the amount of energy released on impact, I believe that it was important to completely document the total area. There may be multiple impacts, secondary impacts, impactites, fused sand, tektites, micro-tektites, with each contributing a piece of information to this story of a hyper velocity impact.

  The one thing that I hoped would not happen was for other people to go to the impact area and contaminate what is still a structure in a natural state. To document what we talked about, the GPS coordinates of what we called (blanked out) which from this point you can see the crater is (blanked out) with another vantage point closer to the impact is (blanked out). I trust the people at IGP and please (por favor) The only thing I ask from you is that you keep this information from public knowledge until I have completed my study.

  I have video recorded some parts of the expedition that I would also like to share with you at some time in the very near future. The definitions of some of the terms that I used are listed below.

  Impactites - glassy, molten rocks can also be produced directly by the high heat and pressure of a meteorite impact or just its shock wave, without projecting the molten material up into our atmosphere. Molten glass and rocks fractured by high pressure have been found near impact craters

    Tektites - small, pebble-like glassy objects of Earth material that have been melted by meteorite impact, splashed up into our atmosphere, and fallen to Earth again under gravity. They often acquire aerodynamic shapes when they partially melt on their return journey.

  Sincerely,

  Randall Gregory

  SPANISH VERSION

      Excusar por favor mi espa?ol. He incluido una versi?n inglesa de mi E-mail tambi?n.

  Deseo agradecer todos que assistieron a nuestra reuni?n ayer para que tu hora y esfuerzo ayuden a la comunidad cient?fica en Per? y los Estados Unidos a una comprensi?n mejor de nuestro universo.

  Antes de que mi esposa y yo nos fu?ramos para Lima, pedimos que su padre sometiera un art?culo peque?o al peri?dico local para anunciar el descubrimiento y para agradecer el UNSA por su ayuda en este descubrimiento. Nunca cont?bamos con que el peri?dico sensationalize esta historia. Este acontecimiento desafortunado me ha hecho suspender mis estudios por un per?odo del tiempo.

  Durante la expedici?n pasada, mi equipo y yo hicimos dos excursiones al ?rea del impacto. Mi intenci?n era documentar completamente la zona del impacto y ampliar la b?squeda para considerar si otras estructuras pueden existir que contribuir?an al descubrimiento. Puesto que es dif?cil estimar la cantidad de energ?a lanzada en impacto, creo que era importante documentar totalmente el ?rea total. Puede haber impactos m?ltiples, impactos secundarios, impactites, arena fundida, tektites, micro-tektites, con cada uno contribuyendo un pedazo de informaci?n a esta historia de un impacto hiperactivo de la velocidad.

  La una cosa que esperaba no suceder?a estaba para que la gente vaya al ?rea del impacto y contamine cu?l sigue siendo una estructura en un estado natural. y del m? proveer? de ti la informaci?n adicional que tengo en un per?odo del tiempo corto. Los coordenadas del GPS qu? llamamos de (blanked out) que de este punto primero puedes ver el cr?ter son (blanked out) otra posici?n ventajosa m?s cercano al impacto es (blanked out).

  Conf?o en que la gente en el IGP y por favor (please) la ?nica cosa que pido de ti es que guardas esta informaci?n del conocimiento p?blico hasta que he terminado mi estudio.

  Tengo v?deo registrado algunas partes de la expedici?n a que tambi?n quisiera compartir con ti en alg?n momento en muy cercano el futuro. Las definiciones de algunos de los t?rminos que utilic? se enumeran abajo.

  Impactites - vidrioso, las rocas fundidas se pueden tambi?n producir directamente por el de alta temperatura y la presi?n de un impacto del meteorito o apenas de su onda expansiva, sin la proyecci?n del material fundido para arriba en nuestra atm?sfera. El cristal fundido y las rocas fracturados por la alta presi?n se han encontrado cerca de los cr?teres del impacto

  Tektites - peque?o, guijarro-como los objetos vidriosos del material de la tierra que han sido derretidos por impacto del meteorito, salpicados para arriba en nuestra atm?sfera, y ca?dos a la tierra otra vez bajo gravedad. Adquieren a menudo formas aerodin?micas cuando derriten parcialmente en su viaje de vuelta.

    Sinceramente,
  Randall Gregory

ken newton <magellon at earthlink.net> wrote:
  Randall,
I think we would all be interested in seeing photos of the crater you
found and your suspect meteorites rather than the roundabout way you
began this discussion. As to whether anyone can assist you, depends if
you are seeking truth or a preconceived idea.

If you are really seeking the truth, I offer one piece of advice, don't
rely on your own conclusions. Let the evidence (test results) as
evaluated by two experts be the final say so. If the first does not lead
you where you thought it might, get a second opinion of the evidence and
if nothing has changed, let it drop.

Sadly, there are too many persons that have obsessed over simple objects
to their folly. Instead of heeding correct expert analyses they jump to
the next expert hoping for a different result, critical of any who do
not share their imagined expectation. "Why can't it be this rare thing
or that rare thing" they ask. (see - http://tinyurl.com/34zlbf) The
fruitage of obsession is frustration and paranoia. Not a good road to
be on.

Best Wishes on the recovery of the main mass,
Ken Newton

 with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.