[meteorite-list] Why not oil /diamond blades for cutting meteorites?

From: E. L. Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:52 2004

Ok, I know this was covered recently but my archives are gone.

I've been here years but, pretend I haven't and review for me the
technical nuiances.

Why is cutting with transformer oil not desirable for cutting/ windowing
meteorites?

Why do some recommend a carbide blade vs a diamond blade? Is this a
distinction for iron vs stone samples?

Any recommendations for cutting impactites such as Reis Seuvite?

(Actually my 14" saw finally arrived after nearly two years and I wan't
to cut something! I'd rather not be swapping out oil and ethanol each
time I get in the mood to saw different materials.)

Thanks,
Elton