[meteorite-list] Scars of a Lunar Comet Impact?

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:52 2004

> In western Oceanus Procellarum on the Moon lies a curious feature named
> Reiner Gamma. Its light-colored, semi-symmetrical swirls look mysterious
> enough to startle any backyard lunar astronomer who stumbles across it
> unawares.

Hello List,

I stumbled across this feature more or less "unawares" on Feb 14, 1984
when the Moon was 12 days old and presented a sunlit phase of 0.87%.
I then wrote the following comment into my logbook:

"To the west of Reiner there are several warty, hilly ridges; between these
and Reiner there is bright, patchy terrain that looks like the interior of crater
Aristarchus."

Best wishes,

Bernd

To: baalke_at_zagami.jpl.nasa.gov
    meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com(MeteoriteMailingList)