[meteorite-list] Angrites, Ureilites, and Venus

From: Joseph Hum <jkarlhum_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:49:00 2004

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

Howdy All,

I have discovered that a meteorite exists called ANGRITE...

It seems to be very fascinating... extremely rare, oldest basaltic rock
known,

Ca rich, and enigmatic... Does anyone out there have a clue as to where
this

material originated??? I'd like to learn more about this type of
meteorite...

I had proposed a theory(that apparently got little attention) that
Ureilites may

have originated from Venus...i.e. Ureilites are pieces of Venus and the
impactor

from my research of Russian data and other sources... previous studies
of Ureilites

in Germany and else where I don't think considered Venus a parent body in
their

analyses... At any rate, I believe Venusian material is out
there, perhaps material

was blasted off early in the history of Venus... before it developed a
dense atmosphere.

And if a large enough bolide hit, I believe it could occur anyway from
other studies I've

read... I would like to hear knowledgeable input on this
issue...

Regards,

J. Karl Hum

--- Joseph Hum

--- jkarlhum_at_earthlink.net

--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=windows-1251" http-equiv=Content-Type>
<META content="MSHTML 5.00.3211.1700" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Howdy All,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have discovered that a meteorite exists called&nbsp; ANGRITE...</DIV>
<DIV>It seems to be very fascinating... extremely rare, oldest basaltic rock known,</DIV>
<DIV>Ca rich, and enigmatic... Does anyone out there have a clue as to where this</DIV>
<DIV>material originated??? I'd like to learn more about this type of meteorite...</DIV>
<DIV>I had proposed a theory(that apparently got little attention) that Ureilites may</DIV>
<DIV>have originated from Venus...i.e. Ureilites are pieces of Venus and the impactor</DIV>
<DIV>from my research&nbsp;of Russian data and other sources... previous studies of Ureilites</DIV>
<DIV>in Germany and else where I don't think considered Venus a parent body in their</DIV>
<DIV>analyses...&nbsp; At any&nbsp;rate, I believe Venusian material is out there, perhaps material</DIV>
<DIV>was blasted off early in&nbsp;the history of Venus... before it developed a dense atmosphere.</DIV>
<DIV>And if a large enough bolide hit, I believe it could&nbsp;occur anyway from other studies I've</DIV>
<DIV>read...&nbsp;&nbsp; I would like to hear knowledgeable input on this issue...</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Regards,</DIV>
<DIV>J. Karl Hum</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>--- Joseph Hum</DIV>
<DIV>--- <A href="mailto:jkarlhum_at_earthlink.net">jkarlhum@earthlink.net</A></DIV>
<DIV>--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<P></P></BODY></HTML>
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8--