[meteorite-list] Matteo

From: Nick Gessler <gessler_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:49:00 2004

I'll bet I'm one of only a very few people on this list who has ever met
Matteo face to face. I visited him in Venice some time ago. He showed me
his Lido Beach find and I showed him some of our California and Nevada
finds. Since then we have written on occasion and consulted on the risks
of dealing with Casablancans. He was polite, considerate, warm and
cordial. His English is much much better than my Italian. I regard him as
I do many other friends I meet during the course of meteorite chasing,
teaching and doing research. We all have daily responsibilities to look
after which do not disappear in the face of tragedy.
Nick