[meteorite-list] Skull Carved Out of an Iron Meteorite

From: Daniel Fronefield <dfronfld_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2018 07:37:25 -0600

Well, if anyone ever has any 'scrap' iron meteorite, I'll be delighted to
take it off their hands. That is a material that I routinely hot forge back
into solid material that I can then use in my Damascus for knife blades.
Minimal waste from processing slices, spheres, skulls, etc. :)

Dan

_______________________________________

Guess the real question is where did the scrap go? I can admire the
craftsmanship. And i am sure it presents a challenging medium to work. I
can also imagine 15 lbs. of scrap going into a rubbish bin :( probably more
scrapped than i will ever be lucky enough to tuck into my collection.

On Thursday, September 13, 2018, 9:31:33 PM EDT, John Lutzon via
Meteorite-list <meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com
<mailto:meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com> > wrote:

Maybe this 3rd post will get posted.....?

I really need Someone to explain to me why it is totally

acceptable for someone to cut/slice and/or bathe in acid every meteorite

they can get their hands on (some very rare) and then sell them

at a considerable profit and possibly make a living---but to shape it

into Any other shape is a shame. I hope I spelled Hypocrisy correctly.

Hopefully this skull will wind up in a museum and be preserved for hundreds

if not thousands of years---long after the average collector's specimens

are long gone.

Love ya Anne, John