[meteorite-list] Neutralizing Hydrazine?

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 17:37:00 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Dirk -
Meteorite hunters regularly saw up meteorites with high nickle content.
This nickle poisons their brains and regularly produces bizarre brain function.

Yeah, the peroxide is what I found with a quick search.
As far as "getting anywhere near materials from Tiangong-1",given "their" travel times, "any fall site on land" will likely be arrived at by others before "they" can declare it "off limits". "They" also have absolutely no skills in dealing with local land owners.
Take along a couple of cameras, and who knows, you might get a few pictures of "them".And you might be able to sell those pictures for some nice change.

Moving on:

> BTW- Any and All of Tiangong-1 is property of the People's Republic of China and under international law must be returned to China if found, i.e. if you find something "significant" you will likely be met by U.S. Marshalls, XYZ, etc. and forced to return the "finds".
Wouldn't standard international salvage laws apply?Now that China has wealthy collectors, I assume the laws of the market may likely come into play as well.
As has been pointed out before, "It is glorious to be prosperous!"
good hunting, everyone,E.P.

    On Thursday, March 22, 2018, 9:55:22 PM EDT, David Mouat <Dave.Mouat at dri.edu> wrote:

 Extremely unlikely that any hydrazine would be left.

Sent from my iPad

> On Mar 22, 2018, at 4:34 PM, drtanuki via Meteorite-list <meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com> wrote:
>
> Ed and List,
>
> E.P. Grondine asks,
>
> "So how do you neutralize hydrazine?"
>
> The answer to your first question about neutralizing hydrazine see below ( I personally think that this is way to DANGEROUS for any meteorite hunters to be doing and should be left to military or properly trained HAZMAT team.).
>

> Safety and Handling of Hydrazine - Defense Technical Information ...
> https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https:////dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/p005339.pdf&c=E,1,-N58HI1cOCWh8JZZUZBmC_DcsARBA4-TdhBAUDnueBvJw3ZnDvq_KlSTt-lgXN_eW4YSt-j08t2Qp8IRPuXDm2uBRFnrJJfWXGBDEk9AaOSqQA3WderP7cBr&typo=1
> by DK Simpson - ?1986 - ?Cited by 2 - ?Related articles
> water and will eventually consume all of the hydrazine, producing only nitrogen and water. Use of a dilute oxidizer solution will speed up the neutralization reaction. An aqueous solution (5% or less) of sodium hypochlorite or calcium hypochlorite (prepared from swimming pool dry chlorinator) or dilute hydrogen peroxide.
>
> E.P.'s second question-
> "Anything else to be wary of?" There may be radioactive material aboard the craft.? It would be a good idea to use a Geiger Counter to check for safety prior to handling any material IF found.
>
> The likelihood of any civilians getting anywhere near materials from
> Tiangong-1 as slim as any fall site on land will be off limits if it located.
>
> BTW- Any and All of Tiangong-1 is property of the People's Republic of China and under international law must be returned to China if found, i.e. if you find something "significant" you will likely be met by U.S. Marshalls, XYZ, etc. and forced to return the "finds".
>
> Dirk Ross...Tokyo

PUBLIC RECORDS NOTICE: In accordance with NRS Chapter 239, this email and responses, unless otherwise made confidential by law, may be subject to the Nevada Public Records laws and may be disclosed to the public upon request.