[meteorite-list] Ad: Unique specimens on my website (AD 11/12)

From: Bigjohn Shea <bigjohnshea_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 13:32:46 +0200

Dear Fellow Collectors,
Hope you are all doing well.
?
If you're looking for a truly unique meteorite specimen to add to your collection, NWA 11359 is the one.?
?
This is a very strange L6 with a moderate shock stage and very little weathering. It is unique among the huge?L6 classification due to a highly porous matrix that is set within a heavily recrystallized meteorite. The whole thing has a very crystalline or gem-like feeling to it with a subtle grayish blue/green coloration. A selection of slices are available here on my website.?
?
https://bigjohnmeteorites.com

Additionally, the new Niger impact melt we have all seen recently is very attractive on the outside, but on the inside it is truly exceptional. Hidden within its black matrix is a wonderland of metal flakes and inclusions, scattered amidst an appreciable quantity of small chondrules. When slices are polished at 3000 grit, it is gorgeous.
?
Of note to the NWA collector, I have two hefty slices available?from a ~900g probable pairing to NWA 8524. This is a relatively weathered but attractive?LL4-6 breccia with a great?orange/yellow interior containing big, eye catching?breccia inclusions of various colors?and some relatively large bits of iron.

Please take a moment from your relaxing Sunday?to consider adding a few of these interesting specimens for your collection.
?
Thank you for looking!
Cheers,
John A. Shea, MD