[meteorite-list] Michigan Meteorite

From: Finbarr Connolly <finconnolly71_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 22:33:53 +0000

Greg,

A lot will depend on the weight of the impacting object of course; for
example the main mass of the 1813 Limerick Meteorite weighed 65 pounds and
buried itself two feet into the ground. The meteorite will generally be
travelling at a speed of between 200 and 400 mph when it hits the surface.

Regards,
Finbarr.