[meteorite-list] BLM Public Land

From: Ruben Garcia <rubengarcia85382_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 16:45:27 -0700

I haven't hunted meteorites - other than the occasional fall or probable
fall - in many years and no I never had any trouble with any government or
state agency relating to meteorites or anything else.
On Jan 8, 2018 2:58 PM, "Adam Hupe via Meteorite-list" <
meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com> wrote:

> [...]
> breaking the law can be used as examples for even stricter laws forbidding
> the hunting of meteorites altogether.
>
> Adam
>

> On 1/8/2018 1:03 PM, Ruben Garcia via Meteorite-list wrote:
>
>> This just in, Adam has finally commented on everything, including Ads!
>>

>> On Sun, Jan 7, 2018 at 12:54 PM, Larry Atkins via Meteorite-list
>> <meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for the heads up, but really...
>>>
>>> Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
>>>
>>> ________________________________
>>> On Sunday, January 7, 2018 Adam Hupe via Meteorite-list
>>> <meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com> wrote:
>>> I do not normally comment on ads but sellers should keep in mind that
>>> selling meteorites found on public lands in the U.S. is against federal
>>> law.
>>> I do not want to see anybody get into trouble because, as some List
>>> Members
>>> have found out the hard way, the BLM does monitor meteorite sales,
>>> especially eBay. Meteorites may be casually collected, i.e., for free and
>>> without a permit, under FLPMA However,in accordance with the BLM's
>>> regulations at 43 CFR 8365.1-5 collection is limited to certain public
>>> lands, (2) only specimens up to ten pounds may be collected per person
>>> per
>>> year, and (3) only surface collection with the use of non-motorized and
>>> non-Mechanical equipment is allowed; metal detectors are okay. However,
>>> specimens that are casually collected are for personal use only, and may
>>> not
>>> be bartered or sold for commercial purposes. Reference:
>>> https://www.blm.gov/sites/blm.gov/files/uploads/IM2012-182_att1.pdf
>>> Happy
>>> hunting,
>>> On 1/7/2018 8:56 AM, Larry Atkins via Meteorite-list wrote: > > List, >
>>> have 32 auctions running right now with some ending in about 24 hours.
>>> Most
>>> started at .99 with no reserve and some still have no bids. There are a
>>> few
>>> items rarely offered, like Osceola, the witnessed fall from Florida. Or
>>> NWA
>>> 11107 a rare eucrite melt. Right now there is a 2.8 gram end cut with
>>> only 2
>>> bids, $2.51 at the moment. > > Some other highlights would be the rarely
>>> offered Arizona find officially recognized as Bullhead City. Another
>>> rarely
>>> offered Arizona meteorite, the witnessed fall called Indian Butte, aka
>>> Stanfield. I have a low TKW Howardite that is gorgeous, NWA 11184. It's a
>>> 2.71 gram full slice that is currently at $13.00. > > Don't miss the
>>> extraordinary Anda tektites. The first 2 I put up sold quick, there are 2
>>> more up with very reasonable buy it now prices and a quick search on the
>>> internet will demonstrate the rarity, these things are practically
>>> unobtainable. > > Others listed are: > Holbrook frag's from my big find
>>> in
>>> 2007. > A 3.2 kg Gold Basin from the Nevada side. > NWA 6581 an LL6. >
>>> NWA
>>> 10140 Lunar 1 of only 2 anorthositic troctolite. > unclassified NWA type3
>>> slices. > NWA 8663 A complete crusted eucrite stone with no bids and no
>>> reserve! > > There are others as well, take a minute and check them out
>>> if
>>> interested. > > Thank you. > > > >
>>> https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_saca
>>> t=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_
>>> samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=48438-9655&_sargn=-1%26sa
>>> slc%3D1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=%26LH_SpecificSeller%3D1&_