[meteorite-list] Stability of Sericho (Habaswein)

From: Mike Miller <meteoritefinder_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 20:36:20 -0700

Hello all I rarely post to the list, but felt compelled to point out the
obvious. First of all to the HUGE TKW of this find. Do you remember all
those tons and tons of $100 per kilo Gibeons that used to be floating
around? All gone.... How about the metric tons of Seymchan
pallasites.....yep all gone. Or maybe the cargo ships laden with Campo's,
you guessed it almost all gone. Sericho will also be all gone in 10 short
years or less.
 Now to the stability of Sericho, yes it helps to get a big dry specimen to
start with, but most any pallasite can be stabilized. Many times crappy
preparation has resulted in a rusty meteorite, and many more times good
preparation techniques have resulted in a lifetime of beautiful pallsites
in many peoples collections. The Sericho will be just fine, no matter what
the big time know it all's say about it.

--
Mike Miller  Kingman Az 86409
www.meteoritefinder.com