[meteorite-list] List is getting torpid

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 14:13:43 -0400

Flakes like Bill K. are part of the reason people are not posting as
much. When someone posts something and they get an inbox full
psychotic hate-mail in response, it tends to leave them with a bad
taste about the whole community.

Bill, if you hate ads so much, do this : BLOCK THEM. Add a new filter
to your email client and block all messages that have "Ad" in the
subject field. That is why Art requires that, so people can tell at a
glance if something is an ad or not. And it makes the ads easier to
block. But, I guess that is too difficult for some people. It's much
easier for them to send a string of crazy emails full of hateful and
ignorant invective.

Amazingly, I posted a question about the chemistry of Martian
meteorites and it got one reply - from Dr. Carl Agee. This complaint
email we are currently engaging in has had more replies than a
scientific inquiry question. Did I complain about it? No, not until
now, because it's suddenly relevant to the discussion we are now
having. I see numerous good questions posted to the List that are met
with crickets and tumbleweeds. If the List is getting boring, how
about posting something thought-provoking that will generate some
earnest discussion? Bitching about the ads is not contributing
anything positive.

I have a ton of orders to pack today - thank you Met-List members.
Apparently some people do not mind the ads. They use the ads to
acquire specimens for their collections. Some people delete the ads
or respond to them by purchasing. And then we have some people who
have a compulsive hatred for ads, coupon codes, and other things that
they deem offensive for reasons that only make sense to a bitter old
man with a bug up his behind.

[/my two cents]

--
Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com