[meteorite-list] GA NC TN AL KY Meteor Approx 2320 EDT // 2220 CDT 02AUG2014

From: Anne Black <impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 21:50:12 -0400 (EDT)

Thank you Al!
You are the only one who responded.

Yes, of course a lot of meteorites are lost to the oceans, lakes, and
to remote areas. And it is interesting that the best year for Falls is
1933. Of course I certainly would not expect the average rate of Falls
to change over the years, but with radar, all-sky cameras, computers,
fast communications, all the work from Dirk Ross, Rob Matson and
several others, and a lot more people looking up, I would expect the
percentage of recoveries to go up.

But is it?
Or is all our modern fancy equipment all for naught?

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com