[meteorite-list] GA NC TN AL KY Meteor Approx 2320 EDT // 2220 CDT 02AUG2014

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 22:09:21 -0400

Hi Anne, Al, and List,

The most prolific year for recoveries in the 21st century was 2012.
There were 12 recovered falls. Six of those have been approved in the
Met Bulletin. Another was approved as a find (Mreira). After that
peak in 2012, total recoveries regressed back towards the mean in 2013
with approx. 7 recovered falls and only two of those have been
officially approved.

Feb 11, 2012 - Xining (L5 chondrite) : China
Mar 01, 2012 - "Oslo" (unofficial) (ordinary chondrite?) : Norway (Hammer)
Apr 22, 2012 - Sutter's Mill (CM - Regolith Breccia) : California USA (Hammer)
May 04, 2012 - Ladkee (H6 chondrite) : Pakistan
May 22, 2012 - Katol (L6 chondrite) : India (Hammer)
Jun 03, 2012 - "Comayagua" (unofficial) (ordinary chondrite?) :
Honduras (Hammer)
Jul 08, 2012 - "Jalangi" (unofficial) (ordinary chondrite?) : India
Aug 22, 2012 - Battle Mountain (L6 chondrite) : Nevada USA
Oct 12, 2012 - "Beni Yacoub" (unofficial) (ordinary chondrite?) : Morocco
Oct 17, 2012 - Novato (L6 chondrite) : California USA (Hammer)
Oct 30, 2012 - "Addison" (unofficial) (ordinary chondrite?) : Alabama USA
Dec 16, 2012 - Mreira (L6 chondrite) : Mauritania (fall classified as a find)

Best regards and happy huntings,

MikeG

--
Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com