[meteorite-list] ALTERNATIVE dealing with eBay Fraud! JASON, be carefull what you say about my meteorites on the Meteorite List, I am warning you...

From: Jodie Reynolds <spacerocks_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 16:09:44 -0800

Hi Don and List,

> Yes there will be a set price and yes you can still use PayPal to have Buyers
> purchase your meteorites, but Bam...no eBay fees, no negative feedback no
> bull crap!

Maybe a little closer to "rocket science", but if you still want to
offer bidding, there are open-source bidding engines out there that
can be installed on your site allowing for a very similar experience
to fleabay without the negatives you note.

You're still going to need to generate your own traffic which is what
eBay is really offering, but you can simulate the experience.

I've set up WeBid (http://www.webidsupport.com) on numerous sites,
and it's pretty capable these days. Of course, there are others both
free and not-so-free.

Just a thought to answer a limitation you noted.

--- Jodie