[meteorite-list] ALTERNATIVE dealing with eBay Fraud! JASON, be carefull what you say about my meteorites on the Meteorite List, I am warning you...

From: Don Merchant <dmerchan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 18:08:32 -0500

Very good advice Mike. If I may add...to all of you who do sell on eBay and
are tired of paying fees, and receiving unjust negative feedback from
constipated Buyers or dealing with fraud and wanna be Dealers/Sellers, may I
suggest an alternative. Please understand I realize eBay covers a world wide
distance of people, but and I mean BUT, don't many here on the Meteorite
List anyways adverstise that they have items posted on eBay? Yes they do,
and a large amount of Buyers are from this List who read the posted
advertisment and then go to eBay to view these Auctions. Some even sell
specimens just by posting on this List without eBay such as Chicago Steve
Arnold and several other Sellers, thus saving costs. Very smart people! Yes
I understand that an Auction can allow an unlimited price, but as avid and
experienced meteorite collectors, we know what we can afford and we know
roughly what the market value is give or take for most specimens.
*
Here is an option which I have as well as many other people, for these
reasons took. You do not need to be a rocket scientist or computer guru to
do this. It is simple and well explained. Most importantly it is free. Yes I
said it is FREE. Build your self a small Website.Not only does it make you
look legit and professional, it seperates you from those frauds that hide
behind eBay. You then when you have meteorite specimens to sell, do as you
always have by advertising them on the List with a link to your site. Yes
there will be a set price and yes you can still use PayPal to have Buyers
purchase your meteorites, but Bam...no eBay fees, no negative feedback no
bull crap!
*
 Here you can build a 3 page limit Website for free very easily. At least
click the link and check it out. Options are there for even more Website
options. My Website was created entiely by myself this way! Over 2.5 million
people use this Site for their home and professional business by building
their own Website. Just a thought and option. Heck if we can get the whole
List to do this we might be able to elliminate most of the fraud, and get
more bang for the buck to purchase meteorites. I know we will never
elliminate 100% of the frauds, but those who are serious about meteorites
can take it a step further by building a Website to sell their meteorites,
since many fraudulant people will find it to time consuming thus taking the
easy route via eBay. Now please don't get me wrong, we know not all eBay
Sellers and Dealers are frauds using eBay to sell their meteorites. But with
a Website you then can not hide behind your eBay name or behind eBay itself.
Check the Link out. I would not steer any of you wrong. Here is the Link:

http://www.webstarts.com/?aff=emflocater

Sincerely
Don Merchant
Founder-Cosmic Treasures Celestial Wonders
www.ctreasurescwonders.com
IMCA #0960