[meteorite-list] ALTERNATIVE dealing with eBay Fraud! JASON, be carefull what you say about my meteorites on the Meteorite List, I am warning you...

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 19:51:11 -0500

Sure, eBay has a massive traffic base.

But, the vast majority of those visitors have zero interest in meteorites.

At any given time, the amount of visitors on eBay who are looking to
purchase a meteorite is a tiny percentage of the overall traffic base.
 By paying eBay fees, you are basically purchasing access to their
other visitors, in the hopes that somebody will purchase your wares
who wouldn't have normally seen your offering outside of eBay. That
holds true for people buying iPhone accessories, DVD's, laptops, and
sports jerseys, but the amount of those visitors looking to buy a
meteorite is vanishingly small. I would bet, that at any given
moment, this mailing list has just as many (or more) members than
people on eBay buying meteorites. This List has what, a 1000 members
or so? I would be highly surprised if there are a 1000 people on eBay
right now buying meteorites. When dealing with niche items like
meteorites, paying for access to eBay's traffic base is a game of
vanishing returns.

I drive more traffic to my store listings each day than eBay draws to
my meteorite auctions. I would post a 7-day auction on eBay and it
might get 50 views, or 100 if I was lucky. In that same period of
time, I get triple that on my website.

Now, eBay is great for buyers. I love being a buyer on eBay. eBay
caters to me, kisses my feet, fans me, and feeds me grapes. I can be
a total buffoon and buy fake items with little or no caution or
research. And when I get burned, I can file a dispute with eBay, get
my money back and keep the item. It's a win-win for buyers.

Best regards,

MikeG

PS - want to free yourself from the chains of eBay? Use HighWire
eCommerce - http://app.highwire.com/?ref=meteorite

I have been using HighWire for almost 5 years now with no problems and
very little downtime. It was the best thing I ever did when it comes
to trading meteorites - it gives you a selling platform that you
control. I don't have some eBay clown looking over my shoulder and
nitpicking my listings or strong-arming me for ever-increasing fees.

--
Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com
Twitter - http://twitter.com/GalacticStone