[meteorite-list] Historic Sounds

From: Count Deiro <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 22:02:23 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Hello All,

Here is a fabulous video taken almost directly under the multipile Russian meteors and within seconds of their passing. What is so historic is that most all of us have read the hundreds of years old witness accounts of the "artillery fire" associated with some the famous 18th century and earlier falls and now we get to hear them. The hair stood up on my arms as I listened to the dozens of sonic reports and realized this is what our long dead observers were writing about.

Also, I think smarter people than me are going to be able to determine from these gorgeous and clear films that there were at least three masses tumbling and spinning in close formation as they entered the atmosphere and then fragmented.

Enjoy, it has certainly been a trip the last few days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsNPIyxwPlE

Regards to all and hoping those in Tucson are enjoying the good weather....

Count Deiro
IMCA 3536