[meteorite-list] Acoustic effests

From: Bruce Wegmann <brucewegmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 19:13:03 -0800

   This video is OK, but there's a lot of chatter and background
noise. Of course, there are barking dogs and car alarms everywhere,
but this is the best overall capture of the sound I've heard so far...
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li7qPriZ7FI Except for a couple
birds, there is virtually no background sound, then, 31 seconds into
the vid, he catches the shock wave. I'm guessing this is as close to
the sound of a detonating nuke as any of us are ever likely to hear.
At 300Kt+ of energy, this event certainly qualifies as being of
nuclear magnitude, and probably eclipses even the Sikhote-Alin fall in
terms of impactor mass;`my original estimates of those was off on the
low end by an order of magnitude. Hopefully, a significant quantity
of this material will be recovered...it has to be on the "must have"
list of every collector and museum on the planet!