[meteorite-list] Getting Novato approved

From: Pat Brown <scientificlifestyle_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 20:35:38 -0700

Hello Rob, the other Novato searchers and the List,

This is a very interesting Urban fall and a very challenging meteorite to hunt.

Personally, I hunted my backside off and did not find a crumb (although, I went right past the individual that Bob Verish discovered, like within 4-6 feet!).

Is not the rule 20 grams or 20% if the original mass was less than 100 grams?

If the finder that deposited ~14.4 grams represented that as 20% of the?individual meteorite found, does that not meet the Meteoritical Society Nomenclature Committee guidelines?

Personally, I would very much like to see this one in the Bulletin.?

I would be very interested in understanding the masses that were found.

Yours in Science,?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Pat Brown?