[meteorite-list] Getting Novato approved

From: Matson, Robert D. <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 20:08:46 -0700

Hi All,

Well, clearly ~some~ material was deposited at UCLA, otherwise
there would be no Novato classification. The issue is instead
one of *sufficient* deposit (20 grams in this case) in a recognized
institution for the Nomenclature Committee to put it up for a vote.
I frankly don't know how much of Novato UCLA received, but the
balance to be made up is obviously less than 20 grams. If they are
short by less than 6.6 grams, I would certainly consider buying
the Brien Cook slice and donating it to UCLA to get this on the
books.

--Rob