[meteorite-list] Roadside Hunting and Ownership

From: Count Deiro <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 10:11:23 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Hello List,

Just another important reason to access County Recorder's and Assessor's land records would be that when you go to obtain permission to hunt meteorites on private property you can verify that the legal owner is the person your dealing with. Your authorization is no good unless you have ALL the recorded owners sign and notarized a permission to remove an item of personal property from the land. That can get complicated...especially when dealing with persons holding different types of ownership. H&W with Right of Survivorship, Community Property, Tenants in Common, Trusts, Partnerships, Corporate, etc. etc.

Good luck....We are all going to need it now that the proverbial cat is out of the bag....$5,000,000.00 collections!!!! Who knew? We did...but the media and the great unwashed didn't...until now.

County Deiro
IMCA 3536