[meteorite-list] The $5 Million Meteorite Collection

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 11:19:22 -0700 (PDT)

Wow, what a collection!? The custom wood/metal work and display table are beyond compare.? I was wondering if the center of the display opens and the specimen trays are hidden inside?? This is probably the best display system I have ever seen.? I could imagine having a meteorite wing attached to my house.? Dreams are free.

Somebody asked if there was more than one complete slice of NWA 5000 in existence.? The answer is no.? The "Ambassador Slice"? has done more traveling than myself the last five years.? It has been used by NASA, The Lunar and Planetary Institute and a former Moonwalker to promote future trips to the Moon.? Now Naveen Jain, co-founder of Moon Express, the leading contender for the lunar X Prize is showcasing NWA 5000.? It will be interesting to see the private sector be the first to make it back to the Moon.? I cannot think of anything more exciting.

Kind Regards,

Adam