[meteorite-list] SUTTER'S MILL in MetBull

From: Jeff Grossman <jngrossman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 21:03:19 -0400

It is important, and we really needed to get the name announced in order
not to impede science (e.g., the MetSoc abstracts are due in a matter of
days) and to end the controversy around what to call it.

If you read Zolensky's description in the bulletin, it's clear that he
thinks the meteorite is CM like. But it is not your normal CM2 from
this description. This could ultimately go a number of ways in the
final analysis... anything from a CM to an ungrouped C chondrite, or
maybe something else. There is no reason to jump to conclusions. I'm
betting that the MetSoc abstracts will tell us much more.

Jeff