[meteorite-list] Meteorites Reveal Another Way to Make Life's Components

From: eric at meteoritesusa.com <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 22:08:44 -0600

Good points Richard, Michael, (I will apologize in advance for the
length of this post; I started writing a couldn't stop)

Divine Creation vs Natural Formation. That is the question. That is a
VERY large part of why I love meteorites so much. Meteorites have
allowed me a look into the universe and answer some very important
personal, spiritual, and scientific questions as to the origins of
Earth, the planets, and ourselves. Meteorites are keys to unlocking
our past, the formation of Earth, the solar system, stars, galaxies,
and ultimately the universe itself.

The problem with the divine creation (anthropomorphic creator)
hypothesis is that it's an assumption of observance. In other words
the watchmaker paradox. The universe exists, how did it come to be?
Something must have "created" it. Right? Not necessarily. That my
friends is an absolute assumption.

And the argument should stop right there, but it doesn't. Believers
will argue that something can't come from nothing and non-believers
will argue that everything came from what we perceive as nothing. (The
Big Bang) Science and non-believers go one step further and say "We
don't know what happened before the Big Bang." That is intellectual
honesty and good science. And this might be offensive to some, and I'm
sorry if offends, but speculating that an anthropomorphic deity
started it, is pure speculation, because no one knows what happened
before, in the beginning, and it creates the creator to explain the
unexplained formation of the observable. Why can't the unexplained
stop and start at "I don't know, lets find out." instead of "god did
it."?

Evolution, Panspermia, Transpermia, Abiogenesis, Planetary Science,
Astrobiology, Astronomy, Anthropology, Archeology, they all help
explain the universe and world around us.

Meteorites specifically are absolutely a vital clue to unlocking the
secrets of the universe because they (the asteroids and comets that
make them) not only are they the very material that formed our planet,
every single planet, planetesimal, asteroid, comet, meteoroid, and
spec of dust floating around our star was once part of another star
before, as are we. It's a cycle, a system, a circular system of
formation and destruction, somewhere in between life formed.

Why create a creator to explain the unexplainable? Why not instead use
science to determine origins rather than speculate on a divine
supernatural beginning. Empirical evidenced fact outweighs speculative
assumption every time. We are in fact part of nature, not separate
from it. We need not transpose an anthropomorphic creatot to explain
something we don't yet know.

Regardless of whether there is a divine creator, or not, no one can
prove it empirically either way. (yet) That's what science is for. If
there is, science will find out, if there is not, science will find
out. Either way, the truth will only be the truth when we prove it
with evidence, not speculative assumption of the observable.

Regards,
Eric