[meteorite-list] AD - Meteorite Books, Crooked Creek Crater Breccia (gorgeous polished slices), & Tissint (Tata) Shergottite

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 11:12:29 -0500

Greetings Listees!

As Tucson nears again, the entire meteorite world feels the ripple
effects of what transpires at or around the Show. New material, new
deals, and old friends result in a ton of wheeling and dealing that
stirs up the market for months to come. It's always an exciting time,
even for those who cannot make the pilgrimage.

For those who are going - have fun, be safe, and get some new stones. :)

I have some interesting new offerings this week. (don't forget to use
your "metlist" coupon code at checkout for 20% off all prices)

First, I have two really pretty slices of Crooked Creek impact
breccia. This is a locality you don't see very often and these pieces
have great preparation. The photos don't do them justice. I offered
one last week and it got snapped up, so here are two more worth taking
a look at -

Crooked Creek #1 (55g) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/crooked-creek-impact-breccia-rare-missouri-impact-structure-52g-1

Crooked Creek #2 (50g) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/crooked-creek-impact-breccia-rare-missouri-impact-structure-55g

Next, a few vintage or collectible meteorite books worth taking a look at -

Have you Seen a Meteorite? -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/have-you-seen-a-meteorite--booklet-asu-meteorite-center

Meteorites! (Carleton Moore,1971) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/meteorites--by-carleton-b-moore-meteorite-book

Stones from the Stars (LeMaire) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/stones-from-the-stars-by-tr-lemaire

Meteorites (Hutchinson) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/meteorites-by-hutchinson-and-graham

MAPS Journals - http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/meteorite-library

And lastly, I have some affordable micromounts of the new Tissint
(Tata) Martian shergottite fall -

Tissint micro -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/mars-rock-martian-meteorite-display-tata-shergottite

Tissint Riker Box Display -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/mars-rock-retro-art-martian-meteorite-display-tata-shergottite

All Martian specimens -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/martian-meteorites

All New Offerings - http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/brand-new

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

MikeG

--
Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber (Michael Gilmer)
Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com