[meteorite-list] new book published: Henbury Craters & Meteorites - AD

From: Gary Fujihara <fujmon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2012 18:55:00 -1000

Aloha,

This is a book I cannot finish. Each page immerses you in the history and science of the Henbury craters and meteorite. Photographs, letters, hand drawn maps and other documents adorn the heavy satin finish pages printed in full color. My favorite is a flyer circa 1934 announcing a 401g specimen for $12.03. Sections on the metallurgy, atmospheric fragmentation that produced multiple and overlapping scatter ellipses, impact shrapnel and impactites are well written and comprehensive.

Were the book only to contain those aforementioned content, one would be satiated, but the book goes on to cover other holocene impacts, with chapters on Kamil and Whitecourt craters containing full color maps and photographs.

Even if you?re allergic to books and are barely literate enough to read street signs, you will love this one for its photographs and graphics. As a hoarder of meteorite literature, this book will hold a favored spot in my library, and I highly recommend getting yourself a copy before it is but a regret.

gary
For a distributor in your region (and shameless plug):
http://bigkahuna-meteorites.com/Images/HenburyDlrs.jpg