[meteorite-list] Auction Questions

From: Michael Farmer <mike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 07:30:03 -0700

I have consigned some things to high end auction houses. I got screwed over hard. Between their fees and outrageous shipping costs, in the end I got scraps. Ever bought from them and had to have items shipped? I had a piece of Norton County shipped from New York, sent priority mail in flat rate box, poorly packaged and cost me almost $50 for $10 shipping. Not too pleased with epic level of rip-off. Of course the high buyers premiums kill the bidding most of the time yet i see suckers loving it. Some people relish the atmosphere of showing off in public by bidding when they could buy the item cheaper down the street......

Michael Farmer

Sent from my Ipad