[meteorite-list] Auction Questions

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 07:20:01 -0700 (PDT)

I can see where this gimmick comes into play.? You received 100% of the hammer price but maybe only received 75% of the real price realized for the object.? I can see where this sounds good to a seller but in reality the auction house is still receiving up to 40% of the real price the item sold for.

This does help clear things up for me.? The hammer price means very little when when a buyers premium is put into play.? To me, it is a gimmick to mislead buyers and sellers into thinking they got a good deal.? I wonder if this started out as a way to daze and confuse buyers and sellers?

Kind Regards,

Adam

?