[meteorite-list] Pojoaque Pallisite

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 19:21:48 -0400

Hi Folks,

Nininger said that the specimen had smooth areas that one would expect
if the meteorite had been rubbed up against other objects over a
period of time, such as being worn in a medicine or talisman bag. A
guess on his part, but given his expertise, it's likely he was
correct.

As Doug said, I'd really like to know where this specimen is now. It
may be just another piece of Glorieta, but the circumstances of it's
discovery and it's apparent role in a native American belief system,
gives it special status.

Best regards,

MikeG
--