[meteorite-list] Meteorite Appraisal for Insurance?

From: Jim Wooddell <nf114ec_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 16:25:45 -0700

Hi All

As with other things in my home, I took pictures of them, placed a value on
them, had them insured as personal property for that amount. The insurance
is based on a $$$ figure, does not matter what it is. Insurance company has
a copy (A CD of the pictures and actually a video) in my files, in case mine
are lost. I am pretty sure you do not insure them as replaceable items. I
could be wrong.

You might talk to your agent about that. It's the same for guns,
instruments, etc., that simply can not be replaced, but have a high value.

Every so many years, you have to take a look at all this and see if you need
to bump the insurance up or down.

Hope this helps!

Jim Wooddell