[meteorite-list] Ad - Super Green meteorite thin section offered.

From: Edwin Thompson <etmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 23:49:41 +0000

Hello List members,
For all of you thin section collectors, I have just received a shipment of wonderful thin sections of NWA 6693. We have been fondly referring to this meteorite as ?Super Green?. This amazing ungrouped achondrite has over 70% pyroxene and the metal in the matrix is over 80% nickel! This meteorite has been on Earth for so long that virtually all but a few tiny flecks of fusion crust have been blasted away by the desert winds. Even after all of this time on the ground, because of the wildly high nickel content within the metal flecks there is no rusting! Dr. Paul Warren?s presentation at Met Soc in London last month was fascinating. The graphs and charts show that this meteorite is unlike any other. Its source of origin is utterly enigmatic. I gave UCLA another fragment of this 5 kilo mass from the absolute center so that they could get really good data for their analysis. While breaking the stone to get this research piece I was inspired to produce a couple of very large rectangular fragments for thin sectio
n making and here they are. Most of the slides have material surface that measures close to 22mm x 30mm! These slides represent material from the extreme center of the 5 kilo main mass which is now almost completely gone. I am selling these gorgeous and large thin sections of the ?Enigma meteorite? NWA 6693 for only $180.00 plus shipping. Because the material surface is so large the label are adhered to the plastic storage case but David Mann has etched the name onto each slide as they were made. I think you will find that this actually benefits the microscope viewing. The pictures shown here are my amateur photos with direct and back lighting. You can access Dr. Warren?s slide presentation from Met Soc and there you will see several wonderful polarized light photographs.

If you wish to add this thin section to your collection please contact; Edwin at:

etmeteorites at hotmail.com

http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/h443/etmeteorites/SuperGreen/