[meteorite-list] Silly-sounding Meteorite Names

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 16:24:40 -0400

Hi Mike and List,

There is interest in the new meteorites. Check the archives.

There were 32 posts about Conception Junction since it was announced.

There were 35 posts about the new Kenya fall.

There were 16 posts about the newly-recovered Mexico fall.

That is a total of 83 posts about new meteorites in the last month.

By contrast, this silly thread you are bitching about has had 34 posts.

Unless my math is wrong, these numbers show that there is indeed more
interest in new meteorites than there is in silly meteorite names.

What else do you want? Should we put you on an ivory throne and sing
praises to you? ;)

Best regards and happy huntings,

MikeG
--
Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber (Michael Gilmer)
Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com