[meteorite-list] Silly-sounding Meteorite Names

From: dorifry <dorifry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 12:03:05 -0400

Mike:

The answer to your question is "Answer" (Australia). If that "Angers"
(France) you, then "Fukue" (Japan) and the Fukang horse you rode in on! I
like my meteorites smothered in "Los Sauces" (Argentina, 997kg) and
garnished with a Mu Onion alusta. But my favorite silly meteorite name is:
"Un-named" (Australia).

Phil Whitmer
Joshua Tree Earth & Space Museum

Hi List,

In your opinion, what is the silliest meteorite name?

Git Git. (sounds like someone shoo'ing away a stray dog)

Camel Donga, Billy Goat Donga (and all Dongas for that matter!)

I am sure there are many more that I am forgetting at the moment.....

Anyone?

Best regards,

MikeG