[meteorite-list] Silly-sounding Meteorite Names

From: karmaka <karmaka_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 17:17:56 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Bill and list member,

"I don't see how any are actually silly." (Bill)

I agree with you, Bill!

I do love the "amount of flair" in international meteorite names.

It reflects the global variety of the 'meteorite world' we
list members do actually live in.

Maybe we should rather talk about the most inspiring
or inspired names.

Or invent, for fun, new additional and inofficial names
(depending on structure of matrix, crust or shape of the meteorite etc.) for the
somehow 'austere' NWA numbers.

Just an idea.

Best wishes to all of you

Martin