[meteorite-list] Impact Diamonds - Article Invitation

From: Robert Beauford <robertbeauford_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 07:37:57 -0700 (PDT)

All,
From the saw blade ruining diamonds found within the Canyon Diablo iron to the over 70,000?estimated metric tonnes of microscopic diamonds created by the?Ries impact, impact diamonds provide a fascinating introduction to the intense energies associated with impacts and to the high pressure?alteration of minerals in both meteorites and impacted rock.
There is probably someone on the list with the necessary photos and with the expertise or interest to write a really interesting article on this subject, and I'd like to issue an invitation for them to do so.? If you write it, I'll publish it in Meteorite magazine.
Be sure to let me know if you choose to?do this so that I can let anyone else know that it is already being done.
Thanks!
-Robert Beauford, co-editor
For subscriptions or back issues: http://meteoritemag.uark.edu/?