[meteorite-list] Russian Pig-Killing Fall? (dated)

From: Carl 's <carloselguapo1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 02:15:20 -0700

>>"A stone meteorite fell into one of the villages of the Tara district. The fall
was accompanied by detonations, while the sky was clear. It killed a pig. It
was carried off by a vagabond sorcerer, some of whom were still existing at
that time."

Bill wrote:
>Talk about being in the right place at the right time. That really "conjures
up" some great images. I can see him camped off in the woods enjoying suckling
pig roasted over an open fire while contemplating his other new acquisition.

Hi Bill,

When I first read this, I thought the sorcerer carried off the meteorite, not the pig. Now that you mentioned it, I think you're right.

Carl2